Real Women Get Real Results from Their Facial Fitness Routines. Click to watch video.
An Internet search for terms like “nonsurgical anti-aging alternatives” or “European facelift” can turn up some pretty surprising results. You’ll find muscle stimulating and oral prosthetic devices, injections, laser treatments, and “minimally invasive” surgical procedures, as well as a multitude of face and neck exercise programs. Obviously, many of these alternatives are neither natural nor entirely “risk-free.” Even an exercise program that appears safe and effective can prove to be a waste of time and money if the provider lacks the proper training and experience. The best investment protection is simple common sense. Here are a few basic rules for choosing a noninvasive anti-aging option:
1. Look before you leap – The first step to adopting a program that delivers real results is careful research. Check out these two fundamental differentiators:
- The provider’s credentials – The most important qualification to look for is demonstrated expertise in facial care and muscle-training techniques.
- The program’s theoretical foundation – The isometric and resistance techniques based on the work of facial anatomy expert Frederick Rossiter, M.D. and German physiologist Dr. A.H. Steinhaus are still considered the gold standard.
2. Exercise Care:
- Contract muscles against an external resistance
- Release each contraction in a slow and controlled manner.
- Exercise all the major areas of face and neck to create a balanced, lifted look.
3. Practice consistently:
- For best results, spend approximately 10 to 15 minutes per day on your routine.
- Don’t give up – The time it takes for muscles to respond varies among individuals. You’ll probably notice some subtle changes within a month. Over time, the positive effects will become increasingly dramatic.
4. Optimize your results:
- Be sure to moisturize with all-natural humectants and emollients.
- Breathe deeply between each set of repetitions.
- Maintain a healthy diet and overall fitness routine.
- Practice meditation or other relaxation techniques, including facial massage, to minimize expression lines.
5. Balance your expectations:
- Remember that it takes ongoing practice to achieve meaningful change.
- Understand that even plastic surgery can’t erase decades of damage or stop the aging process.
- Smile! Your small investment of time and effort will deliver big rewards.
I’ll be sharing some of the techniques used in the From My Neck™ exercise program in future blog spots. To read more about the anti-aging benefits of a health-drive skincare regime and see the results my clients have achieved, visit the Lavie Organique™ website. 1